Sunday, February 16, 2014

"Putting All That Aside," says Marie

Hello Family and Friends:
(Left click to zoom in)
You know me. I love my dancing, my eating, my socializing, and my traveling. But I am putting all that aside to take some time out to do something I feel is important. At this time in my life, I am reminded by my boss and long-time mentor that, what I will have left at the end of life 's journey is just that, "the life that I've lived." So I want to do it right, I want to paddle my canoe out into that big ocean. So, I started by finding someone I can support who would make a difference in the community that we live in. Someone I feel who understands our needs ...She is one of us, rising from the ranks of common folk, someone unafraid and against all odds, has already made a difference in our community. She is Hawaii's current and 13th Senate President, Donna Mercado Kim. Mother, daughter, and a fierce advocate for the truth. Her goal is to make things better for you and I, for Hawaii. Senate President Kim wants to represent us in Congress. She is running for the 1st Congressional District.
Come and meet her, and listen to what she has to say at a fundraiser dim sum luncheon that I am co -hosting with my good friend, former Tax Director, and current Chair of the prestigious Council on Revenues, Kurt Kawafuchi. Ask Donna the tough questions, get to know her. Give her a chance. She needs your support, she needs your vote, so that she can ensure that Hawaii's interests are accurately represented and heard in Congress. ..
I hope you will come and meet her on March 8th. (See poster for more info).
Marie