Friday, September 24, 2010

Da WASABI Band

Aloha Dancers,
Doreen Nakamoto, da Leeda of da WASABI 50's and 60's Oldies Band has got so much humor and drive even tho' she was hospitalized and hooked up with IV this week. Dat's why I gotta share dis e-mail from her with you and give you the abunai warning about the germies....she says it bettah as you read on........

So sorry to send this reminder out so late, but I was out sick. Actually had to be admitted for a little while to get IV fluids and medication administered on Tuesday cause I was dehydrated and had a high fever (102). I'm back to work today and feeling much better, but please stay away from me for the next week, or so, just to make sure my germies don't jump on you, k, cause I'd gladly share! When I was first admitted, the nurses took precautions and put a mask on me, then the doctor ordered extensive blood work and nasal swabs to test for flu viruses, including swine, because I had rapid onset of fever & aches & pains. Thank God all the results were negative, but the doctor said I had a severe case of a viral syndrome. I still have a little sore throat, nasal congestion, and a slight fever that comes & goes; but nothing like earlier this week! I even missed out on spending my daughter's last day in Hawaii with her cause I was hung up getting IV! Boo Hoo Hoo! I was so sad that she had to leave me again .

Anyway, I hope you all can join us tomorrow night at Don Ho's Island Grill. We start at 8:00 pm and play until 11 pm, so put on your dancing shoes and come on down. Come early to have some dinner, then stay to work it off. Let me know if you want seats reserved. Call me at 753-7181.

Hope to see ya there!
Doreen & da boyz


Frank's note: If you can't make it to Don Ho's, Doreen and the Wasabi Band will be at the Dole Cannery Ballroom on Wednesday (9/29). Check it out with Doreen for starting time.