Sunday, August 26, 2018

BE ALERT! BE AKAMAI!

Copy from Maryann Malabey's Facebook Post (8/23/2018).
Receipt showing $32 for Gale
BE ALERT when shopping at Walmart Kapolei. Don't get me wrong, I love this store BUT, after this incident, I am going to pay better attention to my receipt instead of focussing on the scanned prices. Anyway, after I walked away from the register I looked at my receipt and it's a good thing that I did because the last item listed said Gale. This was something that I didn't recognize so I went back to the register to ask. The ever-so-polite cashier called for a manager who ended up calling another manager. They all tried to look up the item using the UPC number on it with all the zeroes and just a 3K at the end. Then after both managers tried again to look up the UPC number, nothing could be found in their system or on their store price scanner gun thingy. This is where it got strange....the explanation I got was that "it happens sometimes" so they refunded me the $32 but could not explain what the item Gale was. These are the kinds of things we need to be vigilant about as consumers. $32 could have easily bought a bag of rice, a gallon of milk, a loaf bread and a dozen eggs for my family or it could also fill up my tank of gas on my vehicle. Because I was not satisfied with the explanation I got which was simply that "it happens sometimes" especially since no one was able to tell me what the item was and how it showed up on my receipt, I felt compelled to let you all know so that this doesn't happen to you!! If this kind of thing happens I wonder how many other customers have unknowingly paid for a mysterious item listed as Gale with UPC# 000000000003K or any other unknown item. Lee said Gale is getting rich! Please check your receipts!!